Pattern Package Structure
Within each pattern is a consistent structure that separates Terraform code, internal defaults and a reference example for the user that can also be used to test the pattern itself.
1. Internal Defaults
- Configuration that holds internal defaults within
conf.ddirectory may also contain any lookup-table (LUT) resources that are used for mapping detected runtime attributes (ie. AWS Region) to useful information as part of ensuring ensure consistent labelling of resources (ie. A default regional prefix for resource names)
2. Reference Example
- A reference example that can also be used for manual or automated testing of the pattern itself.
- The reference example should have all optional features enabled and configured to also support automated AWS cost calculations
3. Main Pattern Code
- One or more Terraform files with resources grouped by type or function to keep code modular and maintenance easier
- The Hestio license, also available online
README.mdthat provides a basic summary of the purpose of the pattern and includes pre-commit markers for automated documentation
Now that we have covered the basic core concepts behind the low-code patterns library in worX, why not try it out for yourself with one of our tutorials?